Men Of Valor

Hey, you like what you see? If you think your fit to be part of MoV, take a minute to register and post an intro/application.

We have one large division for MAG, but have just started our brand new BC2 and MoH Divisions!

Thanks, staff of MoV

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Men Of Valor

Hey, you like what you see? If you think your fit to be part of MoV, take a minute to register and post an intro/application.

We have one large division for MAG, but have just started our brand new BC2 and MoH Divisions!

Thanks, staff of MoV

Men Of Valor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to M.o.V.
***NEW WEBSITE: http://menofvalorgaming.enjin.com/ ***
*** VISIT MoV AT OUR NEW WEBSITE ***

3 posters

Loadout Discussion

HeeroBlaze
    HeeroBlaze
    Private
    Private

Loadout Discussion Empty Loadout Discussion

Post by HeeroBlaze Fri May 14, 2010 3:25 pm

Hey everyone, so as I've been working on me 1k kill medals (Currently have AR, LMG, SMG, Shotgun, & Knife) since I got MAG, I've had a lot of experience with weapons and loadouts, though I'm still by no means an expert. So I thought I'd make a thread where we can post our various loadouts and discuss their strengths and weakness and suggest improvements.

For now, I'll post three (two that I've used in the past and two the current ones I'm using). Of course, all these loadouts are subject to different skill tree developments. Also, if you want a tool to design loadouts, check out http://www.maggametools.com/loadouts

Heero's Rapid Assault Loadout
    SFCR-LW with x4 Optical Scope and Foregrip
    M9
    Medical Kit
    Heavy Armor
    3200/3400 CC (Haven't figured out what to do with the extra CC yet, maybe an Acoustic Locator).

So that is my basic Rapid Assault loadout. I usually have some variations on this loadout, such as using Improved Medium Armor and adding an RPG. I use to use the SFCR-HW because of its stopping power, but as I improved in skill, I found the SFCR-LW sufficient and so I don't have to use so many skill points.

Heero's Shotgun Assault Loadout
    12 Gauge Pump
    Hollis MP
    Medical Kit
    RPG or Fragmentation Grenades
    Heavy Armor
    3300/3400 CC

So, after trying out all of Valor's weapons, I found the 12 Gauge Pump to be one of my favorites. Besides having great stopping power, the low CC gives me an opportunity to carry a lot of support equipment without sacrificing armor. I also add the Hollis MP because I like its rapid fire that comes in handy if I don't have the time to reload shells into my shotgun.

Heero's Repairman Loadout
    MK46 Mod0 with Reflex Sight
    M9
    Medical Kit
    Repair Kit
    Medium Armor
    3400/3400 CC

When thinking about repairing, I realized that I just might be the only one heading to a downed bunker or AAA. So I need something with a lot of firepower like an LMG. When I was in SVER and Raven, I would rather had used their SMG because I could use Improved Medium Armor instead. But Valor's SMG is just terrible. So the next best thing was the LMG (which I'm not a fan of either, but better than nothing). This of course a loadout I use when I don't have the 12 Gauge Pump available.

Heero's Assault Marksman
    MK14 mod 0 EBR with Suppressor, Foregrip, and Low Power Scope
    M9
    Medical Kit
    Acoustic Locator
    Improved Medium Armor
    3400/3400 CC

This is the current loadout I'm experimenting with to get my 1k Sniper Medal. Now, I wasn't patient enough to use the true sniper rifles, so I went with the MK14 mod 0 EBR Marksman rifle. I chose it over the MK14 mod 1 EBR because it is more stable and the extra power isn't necessary. I use the Marksman just like an AR and it works, even when not scoped. Of course, the scope is great for taking out snipers which is not particularly difficult since they will usually be lying down while you can be more mobile. The Acoustic Locator helps find those snipers even if they have a suppressor. Adjusting this loadout is simple, just take off the Suppressor and remove the Acoustic Locator and add an RPG or other support equipment.

Well I hope this starts a discussion. I hope to see some interesting loadouts and reasons why you've chosen to use some weapons and equipment over others.

Last edited by HeeroBlaze on Fri May 14, 2010 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Insane_Machine
    Insane_Machine
    Private
    Private

Loadout Discussion Empty Re: Loadout Discussion

Post by Insane_Machine Fri May 14, 2010 4:50 pm

My favorite loadout, would have to be the:

MK46 Mod 1 wtih a Reflex Sight and a Foregrip
    M9
    Medical Kit
    Frag Grenade
    Improved Medium Armor
    3400/3400 CC

Also on my repairman class I lower my armor to Improved Light Armor and replace the Frag Grenade with a Repair Kit
    HeeroBlaze
    HeeroBlaze
    Private
    Private

Post by HeeroBlaze Sat May 15, 2010 5:00 am

Insane_Machine wrote:My favorite loadout, would have to be the:

MK46 Mod 1 wtih a Reflex Sight and a Foregrip
    M9
    Medical Kit
    Frag Grenade
    Improved Medium Armor
    3400/3400 CC

Also on my repairman class I lower my armor to Improved Light Armor and replace the Frag Grenade with a Repair Kit

I think this is the loadout for 75% of everyone in Valor or at least pretty close. I'm curious about Improved Light Armor, do you think it provides enough defense? I tried it once so that I could equip both a Motion Sensor AND a Sensor Jammer just to see if I had the skills to sneak around. I didn't have too much success and just got killed too quickly with Improved Light Armor.
    Insane_Machine
    Insane_Machine
    Private
    Private

Post by Insane_Machine Sat May 15, 2010 7:18 am

I like the Improved Light Armor, I think it personally provides good defense because they never have very long to shoot at me because Im always running around and when im getting shot at I usually strafe and they miss. So yeah I would say it has good Defense....I think it's better than the Normal Light Armor
    Brashin
    Brashin
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post by Brashin Tue May 18, 2010 5:49 am

Brashin's Acquisition Defense Loadout
    SMG w RDS
    Med Kit
    Repair Kit
    Basic RPG
    Improved Light Armor

Brashin's Acquisition Attack Loadout
    DLC LMG
    Med Kit
    Smoke
    Basic RPG
    Med Armor or Improved med armor (Can't remember)

I used to use the following but realized I need to be able to carry med kit and rep tool and rockets for playing ACQ even on attack as the rep tool for the APC
    DLC LMG w/ RDS and Grip
    Med Kit
    Smoke
    Med Improved armor

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:22 pm