Men Of Valor

Hey, you like what you see? If you think your fit to be part of MoV, take a minute to register and post an intro/application.

We have one large division for MAG, but have just started our brand new BC2 and MoH Divisions!

Thanks, staff of MoV

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Men Of Valor

Hey, you like what you see? If you think your fit to be part of MoV, take a minute to register and post an intro/application.

We have one large division for MAG, but have just started our brand new BC2 and MoH Divisions!

Thanks, staff of MoV

Men Of Valor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to M.o.V.
***NEW WEBSITE: http://menofvalorgaming.enjin.com/ ***
*** VISIT MoV AT OUR NEW WEBSITE ***

2 posters

Red Dead Redemption Multiplayer First Impressions

Brashin
    Brashin
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Red Dead Redemption Multiplayer First Impressions Empty Red Dead Redemption Multiplayer First Impressions

Post by Brashin Thu May 20, 2010 5:47 am

OK so I've only played for 2 days now and have not had much time with it however the Single Player looks to be very deep just like GTA IV. The multiplayer part is where I am disappointed. Most of the things you can do in the single player can not be done in Multiplayer. No Poker, no lasso, most of the towns are empty as you can't buy equipment. The Free Roam multiplayer seems to be just going from hangout to hangout and killing the AI guys.

To me that part gets boring pretty fast. Sure there are other game modes like CTF and TDM but who buys a Rockstar game for those game modes when they are done better in other FPS's? I was hoping for a more rich Free Roam experience in Multiplayer and while its not a complete Epic Fail it was fun to go out and shoot the shit with your fellow clanmates while killing some AI guys. I am still holding out some hope here and will run a RDR Op on Saturday, perhaps with more people it will be more fun.

Although I have done quite a bit of reading up on the game since I rented it and the Mplayer seems to have a fair amount of issues, some of them we ran into while playing last night. Things like going invisible, enemies go invisible, guns go invisible, horses go invisible, connection errors where people just get dropped, I experienced one where when I accepted an invite from Tac's game and it got hung up in the loading screen for like 5 min I had to quit the entire game back to the PSN homepage as it was locked (another known issue).

I would like to know what other peoples thoughts are on the game.

Like I said I think the Single player will be fine but the MP part will be something very short lived in my opinion.
    NightmareStorm
    General of Valor
    General of Valor

Red Dead Redemption Multiplayer First Impressions Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption Multiplayer First Impressions

Post by NightmareStorm Thu May 20, 2010 6:09 am

i went to gamestop and was thinking if i should buy SPlit/Second or RDR, or both.

I chose S/S, and i think it was the better decision, the racse are just amazing. online racing has NO lag at all, everything others a great, fun challage, and the destruction is just amazing.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:46 am