Men Of Valor

Hey, you like what you see? If you think your fit to be part of MoV, take a minute to register and post an intro/application.

We have one large division for MAG, but have just started our brand new BC2 and MoH Divisions!

Thanks, staff of MoV

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Men Of Valor

Hey, you like what you see? If you think your fit to be part of MoV, take a minute to register and post an intro/application.

We have one large division for MAG, but have just started our brand new BC2 and MoH Divisions!

Thanks, staff of MoV

Men Of Valor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to M.o.V.
***NEW WEBSITE: http://menofvalorgaming.enjin.com/ ***
*** VISIT MoV AT OUR NEW WEBSITE ***

5 posters

After Action Report (AAR) for April 2nd Op

Brashin
    Brashin
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

After Action Report (AAR) for April 2nd Op Empty After Action Report (AAR) for April 2nd Op

Post by Brashin Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:02 am

Hello All,

This was my first night back from recovering after surgery and things started off quite well. We played a couple of Sabo and a supression map and got some quick victories.

I will point out that Lucky-004 did fail in one of the cardinal rules in MoV, that being Keeping Brashin alive. In this case it was Lucky's job to revive Brashin and unfortunatly he was 1 second too late. Personally I think he took his time on purpose...J/K.

Boot camp started around 10pm and again we spent time trying to get people logged into one group bu using the glitch. It took a good 30-45min to get this together and we finally had about 14 of us in 1 group.

We then moved into Acq map. The problem with doing the glitch is that it doesn't allow you to set Fireteams up or get organized before a game as once the group enters and there are 15 of us 8 random MoV guys go in 1 squad and 6 go into another squad. They are completely random and how it separates us. We could have all the SL's in one squad which makes things difficult, however it was easier than sittin on the phone and trying to do a countdown as I was in control of the entire group. This is something Zipper needs to get resolved.

As for the Acq maps, call it Rust but we got the shit kicked out of us the first round attacking Raven. Just a huge cluster*&$^. The 2nd round when we attached Raven we had a much better go round. We took out multiple bunkers, mortar batteries, roadblocks, AAA, and even captured one of the vehicles. but still we lost a close one.

There were a couple of Acq maps we played Defense on but we were rolled on. All in all I was not pleased with the Ops that night. The guys did a good job and I had a good time shootin the breeze with the guys but I guess I wasnt on my A game.

I will post those that participated when I get y notepad, those of you who played please share feedback.
    C-r-o-w-n-z
    C-r-o-w-n-z
    Private
    Private

After Action Report (AAR) for April 2nd Op Empty Re: After Action Report (AAR) for April 2nd Op

Post by C-r-o-w-n-z Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:54 am

I'm pretty sure you covered it all.

Just a note, next time we could give it a go to take both bunkers on our side of the map before we do anything else. Then just leave a guy or two behind at each for a couple minutes to stop any attempts at repairing it. Our problem in the first match was that the bunker turret on the far side was raping us, and even if we did get a bunker down it would get repaired before our next spawn :}.
    CryptKper
    CryptKper
    Private
    Private

After Action Report (AAR) for April 2nd Op Empty Re: After Action Report (AAR) for April 2nd Op

Post by CryptKper Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:41 pm

IMO, we need a new tactic for Raven's Acq map. Raven seem to anticipate heavy activity on the left bunker.
    needswall
    needswall
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post by needswall Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:02 pm

Just my take on it, but the first go round when we got butchered, I thought the problem was the next bunker over. We took a while to get our first bunker but when we did we would get assaulted from the other side and lose the bunker again. Not sure if it is because we did not move fast enough, some confusion over who was in which squad and fireteam etc. (due to the glitch group) or if it was because the other squads / platoons in Valor just were not taking care of their business (heard that mentioned a few times over the coms).

The second battle was a different matter as we seemed to steam roll the first 2 bunkers and the AAA. As I was approaching the AAA someone was giving orders to get a perimiter up and plant charges, but as we approached it blew, so we had advanced so fast Raven didn't know what was going on. It continued like this until it came to the 2nd transport by which time they had gotten their shit together. We would have taken the 2nd transport as well if we had just 3 or 4 more minutes, as I think it was Brashin (sorry if passing credit from someone else) who came up with the idea of moving a humvee into their territory to spawn at rather than spawning from the chopper. For the 30 seconds we had spawning from their before the end of the map we pushed them right back again.

I think if we had 1 more go around at them we would have got it as we were getting our act together and hopefully that will be the case this Friday. I hope to make it but if I have to work and can't, be sure to batter them!
    Brashin
    Brashin
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post by Brashin Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:55 am

Good points guys.

Here are the list of guys who logged in to kick ass (or get their asses kicked on Fri Night)

Cass
    Fatal
    Austin
    YourLifeline
    Lucky-004 (who let me die)
    Vimsta
    Razer
    Crownz
    Needs
    Crypt
    Blue
    Racoon
    Raven
    Marcus

If I missed your name I apologize, please post here your feedback.

One other thing on the Acq map. I need to get more comfortable with switching between Squad and Platoon chat. If I could just get things situated so I could bark out orders to the squads quickly without F(*&ing up we would do a better job in the Acq games. That is something I need to improve on, as I am slow switching between the diff chat channels and half the time when I think Im talking in 1 channel I am actually talking in a different one.

So that is my lesson learned over the weekend that I must get better at that in order to effectively lead multiple squads.

Let me also give some credit, Racoon made a great suggestion during the 2nd Acq game where we had everyone going to the Left bunker. Racoon was the only guy on the right side of the map trying to blow the gate up. over Platoon chat he suggested I send my squad to blow the gate and pull off some of the enemy defenders as they were all concentrated on the left flank. Once our squad blew the gate and the next bunkers we were able to roll.

The key here is that I was not sure what the hell the other 2 squads in the platoon were even doing or if they were in the game with us at all as literally no one was on the right side. So good job to Racoon for reading the map and calling it out. It really helped us move forward once we pulled Raven away from just one side of the map.
    Elmusie
    Private
    Private

Post by Elmusie Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:08 am

Awww seems i missed out on some good fun here Sad

Im deffo going to be at the next one, even if i have to drink 400 cups of coffee that night!

/Elm~

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:04 am