Men Of Valor

Hey, you like what you see? If you think your fit to be part of MoV, take a minute to register and post an intro/application.

We have one large division for MAG, but have just started our brand new BC2 and MoH Divisions!

Thanks, staff of MoV

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Men Of Valor

Hey, you like what you see? If you think your fit to be part of MoV, take a minute to register and post an intro/application.

We have one large division for MAG, but have just started our brand new BC2 and MoH Divisions!

Thanks, staff of MoV

Men Of Valor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to M.o.V.
***NEW WEBSITE: http://menofvalorgaming.enjin.com/ ***
*** VISIT MoV AT OUR NEW WEBSITE ***

4 posters

[MAG] 5/7 Op After Action Report (AAR)

Brashin
    Brashin
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

[MAG] 5/7 Op After Action Report (AAR) Empty [MAG] 5/7 Op After Action Report (AAR)

Post by Brashin Sat May 08, 2010 7:19 am

Greetings everyone,

Not a bad Op on Fri night. I think we have pinpointed our area of major weakness and this is on Acquisition Valors Defense map. I think we have some good info for attacking Raven and will share below.

PLUS, we had members from 2 other Clans join us. CryptKpr from USMG joined us for the Op with almost a full squad from his clan, perhaps this is something we can expand on. The other was Zokoro from DoW (who is now MoV, and no I did not recruit him) which is a very new clan. We were able to use the MoV chat to link up for most of the games Fri night and again this is the best way I have found so far in ensuring multi-squads play together (and multi-clans)

We had 2 MoV squads full and 1 squad which was Crypt and Zokoro from other clans in that squad.

Now on to the AAR:

GAME 1: Defend vs Raven - LOSS: All 3 squads entered to defend all in the same platoon. We held our side of the map however you all know the story by now, Raven takes them out the other side. I tried sending a FT over there for support however the team had some difficulty finding a way over there. We can no longer use the "they took them on the other side as a excuse" anymore, I look at it as a failure on our part.

GAME 2: Defend vs SVER - LOSS: All 3 squads in, for my squad we lost our bunker and were pushed back to defend the vehicle. We were able to blow up 1 or 2 APC's that they tried to get from our side as it was good to see everyone with Rockets and AT mines, however they were able to get one out and once they cleared the gate where the APC spawns they had an easy ride to victory

GAME 3 Attack vs Raven - WIN: 2 squads made it both MOV in with 1 squad in a diff game. We were able to use a diff. strategy as we spawned on the left side going after the bunker. I sent 1 FT up the stairs and 1 FT to go straight up the gut on the ground and hit the bunker from 2 diff directions. We rolled from bunker to bunker, AA, gates, sensor array, got to the APC's and Valor was able to get both APC's out and win the match in about 7 minutes. One of the fastest if not the fastest I have seen us win on Ravens map. This brought me to my point of Crypt's clan holding us back as they were not with us that match...j/k

GAME 4 Attack vs Raven - WIN: Same strategy used above and all 3 squads made it in. As this point we followed the same playbook and came away with another victory. The key here is after we knock down the 2 bunkers on the left and then blow the gate and AA, we bring up an APC and Cass was driving that thing around the back of Ravens base like a madman. Plus I'm sure he was frustrated as we kept saying go left, go right, and having Raven as the PL in the APC really helps as they auto-heal the APC's

GAME 5 Defend vs Raven - LOSS: 3 Squads entered and again Raven wins by taking the APC's out the other side. Tried a new tactic of pulling up our Hummers to the front lines and then sending them over to the other side. The drivers were unable to find a route to the other side to bring the bunkers back up but eventually in the following game they were able to find the route. Good lesson learned for the drivers.

GAME 6 Attack vs Raven - LOSS: All 3 squads in (see it works). I knew we were in trouble in this game because as soon as we spawned in we barely moved and got a mortar strike right in our spawn. The Raven SL timed it perfectly and caught us right in the beginning. From there we had a struggle for every inch as we would take a couple bunkers and then lose them right back. Raven had their shit together in this game and kept us pushed back throughout most of the match. Epic Fail on our part (although not as bad as some of the games where we tried to attack Sver in the past)

GAME 7 Defend vs Raven - LOSS: 3 Squads entered and they actually took 1 APC out through our side for the victory. We were again rolled on our bunkers and pushed back to defend our APC. We held their for awhile but Raven did something I always preach. They would kill you and then would FINISH you off so you couldn't get revived. When they do that it is very difficult to get back in a quick amount of time to mount a defense.

GAME 8 Attack vs Raven - LOSS: At this point we were down to 1 full MoV squad and half an MoV squad. We entered the game and were only able to get 1 of the APC's to the objective. With more time perhaps we would have pulled a win however the game's only last so long. I have noticed that we move very well as a group and people are much MUCH more familiar with the map and it shows.

GAME 9 Defend vs Raven - WIN: At this point I was now down to a 6 man MoV squad (Sdg Raven, Tac 260, Cass, Your Lifeline, Needswall) defending vs Raven. And we WON. I noticed that in the first 5 min the other side had all 4 bunkers gone. I went the first time I believe by myself and brought up multiple bunkers and gates and then I got dusted and had to respawn. Sure enough a couple min later all bunkers are down again on that side and this time I took Cass and Needswall and ran to the other side of the map and brought up all the bunkers and the gates and it was great as Raven had just got an APC and were trying to drive it out. Once we brought the bunkers and gate up with just the 3 of us Cass provided covering fire while Needs and I repaired, it was great to see multiple friendlies respawn next to us and man the defense again. This is how we need to defend our map, we need to send a FT over to get them operational. It really helps the whole PMC out and it was good to get a win on Defense.

So who showed up and who did not:

Squad 1:
    1) Gutairest was booted by me after the 2nd game I believe. He had his mic on and wasn't responding and everyone in the squad could here either him or his friend constantly chatting and clogging the airwaves.
    Everyone else (Lucky-004, SdgRaven, NeedsWall, Your lifeline) showed ON TIME and we picked up (Tac 260, Charged Particle, Cass) to fill out our squad. We were full the whole night until the last game.

Squad 2
    1) Squirt919 - No Show Probation

Last edited by Brashin on Mon May 10, 2010 7:43 am; edited 2 times in total
    Brashin
    Brashin
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

[MAG] 5/7 Op After Action Report (AAR) Empty Re: [MAG] 5/7 Op After Action Report (AAR)

Post by Brashin Sat May 08, 2010 7:19 am

Lessons Learned:

1) SdgRaven and I along with Tac 260 were able to get Skype working, and it sounds much better, clearer than the PS3 voice chat. Not sure how well this could be used for Ops but for clan meetings I think it should be the way to go.

2) We have a pretty good handle on attacking Raven in ACQ. Take out bunkers, blow gate, bring up APC and have it on the move behind enemy lines at ALL times so they can't blow it up.Good communication is key

3) Defending our map in ACQ is our weak link right now (that and attacking Sver but we didn't play them at all on Fri night so not sure if our new tactics would have worked) We need to keep an eye out on the other side of the map. Very early in the game they took the other side bunkers down in less than 5 minutes, we have to send guys over there to get them operational. The quicker we get them back up and running the better off we will be. I think our guys now have a better understanding of the map layout and will be an easier time finding their way over there. SL's be sure to Frago the bunkers on other side of map so your guys know where to go.

4) Multi-Squad gaming we already knows works. Multi-clan gaming also works. As long as we follow the same rules laid our we can get multi-clans into the same game. Think of how great it will be if we had 4-6 squads in a game working together, It can be done.
    Brashin
    Brashin
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

[MAG] 5/7 Op After Action Report (AAR) Empty Re: [MAG] 5/7 Op After Action Report (AAR)

Post by Brashin Mon May 10, 2010 7:51 am

AAR and Lessons learned posted.

Also want to say special thank you to Crypt for getting his clanmates together to join us, hope to do it again soon.

Also thanks to everyone who signed up and showed up ON TIME. While I am disappointed with the overall turnout of having less than 3 squads on a Fri night, I do appreciate those that did make it and kept their word.
    HeeroBlaze
    HeeroBlaze
    Private
    Private

Post by HeeroBlaze Wed May 12, 2010 5:24 pm

Yeah, those first two defend games didn't go so well... I blame myself. I was using the MK 14 Mod 1 EBR Marksman Rifle which I thought would be good defending, but they rushed so fast that it became pretty useless. After those two games, I RESPECed and chose to stick with my 12 Gauge Pump, which was great for clearing out those bunkers on offense before setting charges. I also had the honor of being PL that first attack and helped getting a bunker down with Precision Strike and called in some Strafing Runs on Raven's spawns. I also manned the transport vehicle's turrets on first two attacks, which was fun. Sorry I couldn't stay the whole night, but 4/9 games seemed good.
    TAC_260
    TAC_260
    Admin
    Admin

Post by TAC_260 Thu May 13, 2010 8:16 am

I stayed with the same load out...but found my new niche...in the turret!
    Brashin
    Brashin
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post by Brashin Thu May 13, 2010 9:33 am

Thats right, Tac is the man in the turret, hell of a gunner
    TAC_260
    TAC_260
    Admin
    Admin

Post by TAC_260 Thu May 13, 2010 12:02 pm

Aww shucks, Rolling Eyes thanks Brash
    Brashin
    Brashin
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post by Brashin Fri May 14, 2010 6:29 am

Gots to look out for my fellow "blue name" guys
    bluehens214
    bluehens214
    Private
    Private

Post by bluehens214 Fri May 14, 2010 11:08 am

Ha. thought you were talking about me for a second. Figured out you meant the color in which your forum name appears.

-Bluehens
    Brashin
    Brashin
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post by Brashin Fri May 14, 2010 11:28 am

LOL sorry Blue, but hell you kick ass too

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:19 pm