Men Of Valor

Hey, you like what you see? If you think your fit to be part of MoV, take a minute to register and post an intro/application.

We have one large division for MAG, but have just started our brand new BC2 and MoH Divisions!

Thanks, staff of MoV

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Men Of Valor

Hey, you like what you see? If you think your fit to be part of MoV, take a minute to register and post an intro/application.

We have one large division for MAG, but have just started our brand new BC2 and MoH Divisions!

Thanks, staff of MoV

Men Of Valor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to M.o.V.
***NEW WEBSITE: http://menofvalorgaming.enjin.com/ ***
*** VISIT MoV AT OUR NEW WEBSITE ***

+15
Ant_rocks_09
Gutairest
SLaYWaLL
warhawk112233445
lucasicool
TheFatalWound
cortezelgangster
nickb_93
hotdog_fingers
Brashin
NightmareStorm
Elmusie
SdgRaven
aj_la1
Eliteassassin479
19 posters

MoV Update Apr. 12

Eliteassassin479
    Eliteassassin479
    Admin
    Admin

MoV Update Apr. 12 Empty MoV Update Apr. 12

Post by Eliteassassin479 Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:19 am

Hello all MoV members, there is a lot of meat to this update, thanks to the recent meeting, it really brought out some good ideas and made me and many other guys think, with thy being said, let's begin.

First, and something that is usually saved for last, is promotions and demotions. The 2 demotions are warhawk112233445 and evilchili. These guys have not been active and have not proven why they were promoted in the first place. Now we don't have any promotions "per se", but I would like to give recognition to sdgraven, he had been brilliant as MoV artist and has been very helpful to me and the other leaders.

Next is Mag, and MoV as a whole, inactivity. I know that MoV has not had it's presense felt on Mag recently. Most people contribute this to Mag losing it's luster. I only have one solution for this, PLAY WITH OTHER MOV PLAYERS!!! This game is so much more enjoyable when playing with guys you know. When you get on, you should first see if anyone else is in a group, and try to join them. If they are in game, then you can join 1 game. After that, the team shoul have waited for you, but if not, you wait for their game to end. You should always pm someone in the group to let them know you are on and ready to group up. As for MoV activity, we are introducing a new rule, coined the 4567 rule. There will be 8 activies per month (4 Ops and 4 Meetings) out if those 8, members are required to be at 4 out of 8, Moderators 5 out of 8, Co-Admins 6 out of 8, and Admins 7 out of 8. Everyone will recieve 6 excuses to use over a six month period. If you, for example, As a member, only make 2 activies in a month, you lose 2 excuses. I you run out before the 6 month period is up, you must attend all activites to stay in the clan. Co-Admins will be demoted to moderators, and moderators and members will be kicked from the clan.

Next, is Clan ranks, there will be a set number of people, after that has been reached, the ranks will be locked off untill a spot opens up. The amount per rank are as follows: 8 Moderators, 6 Co-Admins, and 4 Admins.

Next is platoons. They have been up for a few weeks, but nothing has been done. Starting tommorow people will start bein filed into platoons. I am the OIC, TheFatalWound is 1st platoon leader, and the SL's are as follows: nickb_93, Killophile, ultimaprostreet, and Tac_260. 2nd platoon leader is Ant_rocks_09. No SL's to be named at this time. Recruit squad is also being renamed Greenhorn Platoon.

Next, is Ops and Meetings. Meeting, as of now, will be every Saturday, at 3:00 PM CST. If you can not make a meeting PM me, and I will get back to you with the meeting times. As for Ops, their times will be increasing. On Wednesday, Killophile and Mr_Future will run an op. On Friday, Brashin will be runnin an Op. On Saturday, I wi be running an Op. nickb_93 will be running an EU/ other timezone Op. These times will be determined by the Op Holder. Thread will be up to sign up for ops posistions this week. If you go to more than one op per week, it does not satisfy more than one activity requirement, by if you do show up to more Han one ad you are trying to be active, you will not lose an excuse.

Last, is additional games. Throughout this week, we will be adding mutiple games to our clan list. They games are Medal of Honor, Split/Second, and BC2. I will be leadin up MoH, nightmarestorm Split/Second, and TheFatalWound BC2. they will be updating the site accordingly, and putting up recruitment theads. SOCOM 4 will be added after these games have been set up.

That's is it or this lengthy update. (Things will be wrong and sort of shortened because I had to redo it after the page messed up and having to start over, doing this until 12:30)
    If I forgot anything, please PM me.
    MoV Leader,
    Eliteassassin479

Hey, this is NightmareStorm, adding in a little update of my own.

I don't know if anyone knows this, but about a week ago, i changed up something. As you may know, forums have this- every certain amount of posts, your rank goes up. I've created one of those for us.

This is what I'm talking about. Next to your post count, you will find what rank you are. (no, not officer, co-leader, or admin) I created ranks from the military.

I won't reveal what they are, but if you guys keep on posting you rank up. Members are allowed to share of how many posts they think it takes to get to next rank, but leaders, don't give out any hints of posts it takes or what the ranks are.

I hope you guys enjoy my little update. I"m hoping it will increase how often you guys post, cause I'm sure everyone wants to get to the highest rank Smile

(there are no rewards to ranking up, just the knowledge that your ranking up Smile )

NightmareStorm

Hey this is Fatal! Heres my small portion!

The platoon SLs have been decided for 1st platoon! The SLs for 2nd will be decided a bit later. The 1st platoon memberlist will be made today(monday). The platoon forums will also be opened for any members. The memberlists for the platoons will be stickied on the top of 1st platoon! Keep checking! Its a bit confusing but things will be unfolding soon! VERY SOON! Say good bye to your old squad buds and get ready for your new platoon!

Other game links:
    BC2 - http://www.badcompany2.ea.com/
    MoH - http://www.medalofhonor.com/
    Split/Second - http://disney.go.com/disneyinteractivestudios/splitsecond/
    SOCOM 4 - http://www.socom.com/en-us/en-us

TheFatalWound

Last edited by Eliteassassin479 on Wed May 05, 2010 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    aj_la1
    aj_la1
    Corporal
    Corporal

MoV Update Apr. 12 Empty Re: MoV Update Apr. 12

Post by aj_la1 Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:04 am

you mean kicked out of mov completely if we don't make it at all to any meetings?
    SdgRaven
    SdgRaven
    MoV Artist
    MoV Artist

Post by SdgRaven Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:38 am

Deleted My Post

Cause The Rules Are Still Changin

Last edited by SdgRaven on Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    Elmusie
    Private
    Private

Post by Elmusie Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:16 am

Erm, im just going to have to see how this goes.

Ill trial myself for this month and see if i can fit these times in.

I know Nick will be running EU ops but with my lifestyle as it currently is i may not get to them all, there might be a chance well be saying bye bye Elmusie Razz

/Elm~
    NightmareStorm
    General of Valor
    General of Valor

Post by NightmareStorm Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:08 am

updated the update with my own little update Smile
    Brashin
    Brashin
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post by Brashin Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:04 am

Good update looking forward to seeing the forums change into the Platoons and such
    Eliteassassin479
    Eliteassassin479
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Eliteassassin479 Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 am

Elmusie wrote:Erm, im just going to have to see how this goes.

Ill trial myself for this month and see if i can fit these times in.

I know Nick will be running EU ops but with my lifestyle as it currently is i may not get to them all, there might be a chance well be saying bye bye Elmusie Razz

/Elm~

we may be able to work on something to help you out, maybe we could make people who tell me they will miss a meetings and I can pm them the times, I may be able to make that worth 1/2 point
    Elmusie
    Private
    Private

Post by Elmusie Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:08 am

Well tbh that sorta helps to defeat the object of your points sytem as you may just get people abusing the 0.5 point loophole.

Imagine this, a clan member really enjoys playing the game but doesnt so much enjoy going to a meeting... well they could rack up enough points just by getting to ops and pm'ing you for a 0.5 boost.

So i think well just see how it goes for me this first month Smile

/Elm~
    hotdog_fingers
    hotdog_fingers
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by hotdog_fingers Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:43 pm

Elite, I'm all for encouraging participation but I think you have to remove the weekly meeting requirement you established. I would love to attend a clan meeting but I have a family and I'm on the east coast...I'll never be able to make a meeting at 4pm on a Saturday. If you want to make that a requirement, I think you have to give people the chance to attend. I suggest moving the meeting times around during the month. Most people play after 7pm on a typical weekday...why not have a clan meeting once a month at that time? I'm online after 9pm most nights and enjoy playing with my clanmates, but I don't want to be worried about being kicked out because I can't make a meeting that it impossible for me to attend.
    nickb_93
    nickb_93
    MoV Artist
    MoV Artist

Post by nickb_93 Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:44 pm

can't wait for MoH and Split/second looks awesome too

Also, do holidays take excuses?
    cortezelgangster
    cortezelgangster
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by cortezelgangster Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:15 pm

when is MoH coming out?
    TheFatalWound
    TheFatalWound
    Admin
    Admin

Post by TheFatalWound Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:23 pm

Hey guys! Well theres the update! I'll be working on the platoons on the forums soon! Hope you guys like what you hear!

Also, for info on MoH:
    http://www.medalofhonor.com/

It looks like a sweet game! They say it could beat MW2! It looks more like a MAG type of game then a MW2 game though! Looks awesome! Hope you'll be getting it, I am! It comes out Fall 2010, official date not out!
    Brashin
    Brashin
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post by Brashin Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:33 pm

Fatal you sound like a Dev...soon how soon is soon? lol
    TheFatalWound
    TheFatalWound
    Admin
    Admin

Post by TheFatalWound Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:38 pm

Haha, u know devs...they never are for sure...we should start placing members into the today...patience its not easy...
    Eliteassassin479
    Eliteassassin479
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Eliteassassin479 Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:27 pm

hotdog_fingers wrote:Elite, I'm all for encouraging participation but I think you have to remove the weekly meeting requirement you established. I would love to attend a clan meeting but I have a family and I'm on the east coast...I'll never be able to make a meeting at 4pm on a Saturday. If you want to make that a requirement, I think you have to give people the chance to attend. I suggest moving the meeting times around during the month. Most people play after 7pm on a typical weekday...why not have a clan meeting once a month at that time? I'm online after 9pm most nights and enjoy playing with my clanmates, but I don't want to be worried about being kicked out because I can't make a meeting that it impossible for me to attend.

we are working on some rules for people who cannot make any meetings, you will be notified when this has been posted
    lucasicool
    lucasicool
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by lucasicool Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:32 pm

Well guys i will also be running an "op" on tuesdays... Though not official i would like to let u know that ill be on and leading a group
    warhawk112233445
    warhawk112233445
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by warhawk112233445 Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:02 pm

Hey Elite I think that it is time for you to start doing the most important part of your job and start trying to find out how to make official clan matchs. Because people are having them so I think that we start having some or else it seems that we will have a in ineffective clan.
    SLaYWaLL
    SLaYWaLL
    Private
    Private

Post by SLaYWaLL Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:59 pm

Just wanted to make a post in, what will eventually become a historic thread for MoV.

...Sick
    Brashin
    Brashin
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post by Brashin Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:46 am

Also, I see that the 1st Platoon forum is up. Will we be deleting the existing squad forums?

Also we need to add an Op forum (really liked that idea) I see we are moving in the right direction and look forward to seeing the changes take place
    Gutairest
    Gutairest
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by Gutairest Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:14 pm

not trying to be pushy or impaitent cuz ive asked this a lot but when will the BC2 division be put up?
    Ant_rocks_09
    Ant_rocks_09
    Sergeant Major of the Army
    Sergeant Major of the Army

Post by Ant_rocks_09 Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:28 pm

Nice update, I should have a lot more free time now that I've finished my research project for English so get ready to see me around a lot again.
    War_Eagle101
    War_Eagle101
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by War_Eagle101 Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:03 pm

Nice update. I remember playing the old Medal of Honor games on the PS1. My first online FPS was MoH:Allied Assault and I played it through a 56k connection.
    Turb_Markov
    Turb_Markov
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Turb_Markov Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:41 pm

Well, when I was reading the update elite had told and I saw this game, split/second that seemed interesting and, just seeing the MOh trailer again would forward to;I hope the singleplayer is just like multiplayer which would be awesome if they did,but alias it's so far away for the date. I am wondering elite if I would be Squad leader SL or Fire team leader FTL . If that's a possiblity I would like it.
    lucasicool
    lucasicool
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by lucasicool Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:17 pm

Hey brash... for squad ops we should have sign up sheets, who attended and many other things
    hotdog_fingers
    hotdog_fingers
    Private First Class
    Private First Class

Post by hotdog_fingers Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:05 pm

Where's second platoon? I feel left out Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:37 pm