Men Of Valor

Hey, you like what you see? If you think your fit to be part of MoV, take a minute to register and post an intro/application.

We have one large division for MAG, but have just started our brand new BC2 and MoH Divisions!

Thanks, staff of MoV

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Men Of Valor

Hey, you like what you see? If you think your fit to be part of MoV, take a minute to register and post an intro/application.

We have one large division for MAG, but have just started our brand new BC2 and MoH Divisions!

Thanks, staff of MoV

Men Of Valor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to M.o.V.
***NEW WEBSITE: http://menofvalorgaming.enjin.com/ ***
*** VISIT MoV AT OUR NEW WEBSITE ***

2 posters

MAG SVER Acquisition Attack Strategy

Brashin
    Brashin
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

MAG SVER Acquisition Attack Strategy Empty MAG SVER Acquisition Attack Strategy

Post by Brashin Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:52 am

Does anyone have an overhead map view that shows the locations of the bunkers, mortar, AA, sensor, motor pool, etc that we can use to create strategies on?

The ones on the official MAG forum suck as its just an overhead map but nothing is called out so to me they are pretty much useless. Would also like to know what side Platoon 1 and 2 are on and where each squad spawns at.

I have looked around and have found nothing although I don't know all the best places to look, so any help would be appreciated.
    needswall
    needswall
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

MAG SVER Acquisition Attack Strategy Empty Re: MAG SVER Acquisition Attack Strategy

Post by needswall Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:19 pm

Think the resolution on this is not as good as the Raven map, I might have to try again.

MAG SVER Acquisition Attack Strategy Acquis11
    Brashin
    Brashin
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

MAG SVER Acquisition Attack Strategy Empty Re: MAG SVER Acquisition Attack Strategy

Post by Brashin Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:35 am

The key to this map is ensuring Brashin doesn't get shot to pieces.

Will need to devise a strategy for this map as those bunker turrets provide clear fields of fire all the way down the line.
    Brashin
    Brashin
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post by Brashin Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:00 pm

I found a spot when attacking the far right bunker on the right side of the map where we could take a squad all the way up to the bunker relatively safe from the turret. If you look at the above map look at the far right bunker, there is a little side ally which looks like a black strip with little yellow dashes (looks like a landing strip) in it heading towards the bunker. On the right side of the little black strip is a solid patch of tan which is the ally I was referring too. It comes up behind the first bunker and does not have any line of sight from the bunker to it's left so this would allow us to only be under 1 turret's crosshairs rather than multiple. Plus since we are behind the bunker a quick team of 3-4 rocketmen should be able to get 1 coordinated salvo off to bring the turret down in 1 fell swoop.

From there we can either proceed to the next bunker in line or start heading towards the AA or sensor array in order to pull the enemy from the front lines.

Also ont he Left side of the map where the water is going to the left most bunker we should (at the start of a match) go boat hopping as a full squad. Avoid enemy contact and then if you stay behind the boats the turrets cannot get to you. There is then a set of stairs that lead up at the 11:00 position of the bunker (slightly behind and to the left) If we have a group of rocketmen to coordinate a shot we could knock the bunker down and try to plant.

Another tactic ont he leftside would be to bypass the bunker all together and just make a mad dash up the stairs and to the left to get behind enemy lines. Hopefully again we will pull some men off the front line and hopefully open up a gap where the toehr squads can take the bunkers.

Thoughts

From there we should proceed
    needswall
    needswall
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post by needswall Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:39 pm

Nice one Brashin, the first plan (attack the far right corridor) sounds good. Could allow a fire team or squad to push in behind the second furthest right bunker and either take the second bunker or bring down the mortar battery. Either way, would need to ensure we held the first bunker as once they realise how we got there they would cover it (if they didn't already). I like the flanking idea though and nice to see there may be a way to do it without being cut to ribbons.

The boat hoping plan sounds good as well, and think that if you can get down the side undetected you should just push through and start to sneak around taking down various targets in the rear. Would cause possible confusion with enemy and as you said could pull people of bunkers. But (a) if the FT or squad was spotted would need to think whether to continue on behind lines, direct full squad to take out bunker, or direct 1 FT at bunker to draw fire while other goes behind lines. If going behind enemy lines would have to make sure any Valor grunts from other squads new to behave themselves and not go running and shooting at everything that moves (that goes for people from MoV as well). Too many times behind enemy lines and someone opens up on someone who has not see us rather than just letting them run on by.
    needswall
    needswall
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post by needswall Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:40 pm

Same comment as on other map, if we are going to use the maps whereby each squad member has a print out of the map, and the SL or FT leaders are requesting people to move to certain objectives, would you like me to update the maps with numbers on each bunker and gate and maybe letters on each objective (ie. bunker 1, bunker 2 - gate 1, gate 2, objective A (or mortar A), objective B (or Triple A B). If you want this how do you want the numbering / alphabetizing (what format) and do you want it top to bottom of map (makes most sense to me). Just let me know.

Also for this map, would you like me to create some sort of arrows showing the left and right attack options?
    Brashin
    Brashin
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post by Brashin Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:18 am

Hey Needs, Like before yes please do that with the map.

Also if you could draw some lines for the map to show where to go on the far left and far right sides. I would do it but not sure how I can
    needswall
    needswall
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post by needswall Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:03 pm

Will see what I can do.
    Brashin
    Brashin
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post by Brashin Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:52 am

You da man
    needswall
    needswall
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post by needswall Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:07 pm

Last but not least, the red headed step child map of MAG, I present for your viewing displeasure, SVER Acquisition...:

MAG SVER Acquisition Attack Strategy Acquis15
    needswall
    needswall
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post by needswall Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:25 pm

Bunkers are B1 thru B8 (going left to right across the map);
    Transports are T1 & T2 (going left to right across the map);
    Objectives (AA, mortar, etc.) are A thru J (going left to right then up the map, thought best on this one to have them laid out in this way);
    Gates are Y and Z (going left to right across the map);
    The red x's are blockades.

'Flank Route Alpha' - this is so far as I am aware an untested idea of Brashins. As we all know this is the worst of the acquisition maps and this may give us a flanking move to the left. You move through the dunes / rocks to the water (watch for bunker fire along the way, but shouldn't be too bad and a smoke or 2 fixes that anyway). Once at the water you move through the ship wreckage and come up alongside or behind bunker B1. Need to be careful not to give position away by shooting too early, must have rockets good to go first.

'Flank Route Bravo' - same as Alpha, Brashins suggestion (notice how I am repeating this - 'BRASHINS SUGGESTION' - In the event of a massacre feel free to forward complaints and funeral costs to him : ). Anyway, this looks promising on paper, move fast from spawn to the right, get off the road or out of site of SVER coming up the road ASAP to avoid detection / getting shot (not sure if you even have to go down the road or if you can go right immediately from span and into the dunes / rocks and not sure if bunker B6 has a line of fire down the road... think the road is elevated so its OK). Anyway, once in the dunes / rocks move down the right side, do NOT run or shoot and give away position until everyone is in position and rockets are ready to take out bunker turret B8. This would be a great one to have 2 or even 3 MoV squads spawn right side (would suggest if we are in different platoons just spawn right side anyway). Move 3 + whole squads far right (24 guys) and take out bunker B8. 1 FT stays to hold B8 while 1 FT moves to take out AA objection D and 2 squads move onto bunker B7. From there who knows...

For those of you who don't know them, and assuming in game we use the phonetic alphabet for objectives (to ensure clarity), it is as below:

A = Alpha
    B = Bravo
    C = Charlie
    D = Delta
    E = Echo
    F = Foxtrot
    G = Golf
    H = Hotel
    I = India
    J = Juliet

Y = Yankee
    Z = Zulu

Would suggest for clarity the SL / FT leader / whoever is calling the shots for movement makes a statement like "move to objective Echo" or "secure the sensor array at objective Echo".
    Brashin
    Brashin
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post by Brashin Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:53 am

Thanks Needs,

Also appreciate you repeating yourself on "Brashins Suggestion" so all liability is removed from you...nice.

Flank Route Alpha: The line you have drawn is pretty close to where it needs to be. If you look in the water there are 2 structures, those are the boats, I think the line you have is the edge of the map but either way when we are in game we use the boats as cover. Also when you come up the stairs next to bunker B1 I suggest 2 cans of smoke are thrown up and wait for them to dissipate. Then we can try with a team of 3-4 rocketman who fire 1 salvo to knock the turret down. Then take the bunker. The other alternative is puff smoke and then run like hell behind enemy lines.

Flank Route Bravo, basically you will be in a tunnel (there is no roof though) as there is a concrete wall on your left all the way up the road and on the right side is the edge of the map. The only time you will come under fire is if someone is watching this tunnel/corridor or when you get to the end the turret has a small angle which you will be under its guns. Again it should be slightly at the 1 or 2 o'clock position so we need to again puff smoke and get a 3-4 man rocket team to take it out.

One thing I want to see us do which has been mentioned in the AAR is I want to perfect this whole idea of smoke and all rocketmen fire at once to bring a turret down. If we can perfect this move I think it will help us in the long run. Even if we dont win the map if we can work on this move it will help us.
    needswall
    needswall
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post by needswall Sun May 02, 2010 11:00 pm

Was not 100% on the Alpha route, but assuming its close enough for people to follow am not going to update the map unless there is something else which needs changing on it as a bit of a pain to do. Hopefully get to try these out this weekend...
    Brashin
    Brashin
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post by Brashin Tue May 04, 2010 6:37 am

We will Needs...we will. Oh by the way your on point...lol
    needswall
    needswall
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post by needswall Tue May 04, 2010 7:48 pm

Woo hoo, will get my magnetic bullet proof vest out of mothballs, you know, the one with the big ass bulls-eye on the front. Just try not to stand in a straight line behind me as that is where the gunfire will be going half a second after I get wasted...
    Brashin
    Brashin
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post by Brashin Wed May 05, 2010 6:17 am

just as long as you tell me what direction you got shot from before you die then everything will be ok.
    needswall
    needswall
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post by needswall Thu May 06, 2010 3:31 am

I will try to ensure that when my body hits the ground it forms some sort of arrow pointing where the gunfire came from Lol Hammer
    Brashin
    Brashin
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post by Brashin Thu May 06, 2010 6:10 am

Fair enough
    needswall
    needswall
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post by needswall Thu May 13, 2010 9:44 pm

Was playing last night and last game was attacking SVER on Aqui. Took that right side route and worked a charm, managed to plant on that far right bunker 3 times before they realized how I was getting there. Problem was no matter how many times I told the squad, and even had the SL call it out and put a way point down, never had more than 3 from my squad or a couple from other squads. If you go down there 1 squad strong would probably take it. 2 squads would determinately take it. Need to be a bit careful at the final stretch, after you come out of the rocks and move right into an alley way with the pipes over head and the bunker is 50 meters ahead on the left, that is a hot spot for a few enemy snipers if they know about it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:35 pm