Men Of Valor

Hey, you like what you see? If you think your fit to be part of MoV, take a minute to register and post an intro/application.

We have one large division for MAG, but have just started our brand new BC2 and MoH Divisions!

Thanks, staff of MoV

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Men Of Valor

Hey, you like what you see? If you think your fit to be part of MoV, take a minute to register and post an intro/application.

We have one large division for MAG, but have just started our brand new BC2 and MoH Divisions!

Thanks, staff of MoV

Men Of Valor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to M.o.V.
***NEW WEBSITE: http://menofvalorgaming.enjin.com/ ***
*** VISIT MoV AT OUR NEW WEBSITE ***

3 posters

MAG Valor Domination Defend Strategy

Brashin
    Brashin
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

MAG Valor Domination Defend Strategy Empty MAG Valor Domination Defend Strategy

Post by Brashin Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:20 am

Post strategies here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49552258@N03/4546890866/

Also can someone pull the map and post it here somehow
    needswall
    needswall
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

MAG Valor Domination Defend Strategy Empty Re: MAG Valor Domination Defend Strategy

Post by needswall Sun May 02, 2010 11:12 pm

MAG Valor Domination Defend Strategy Domina10
    needswall
    needswall
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

MAG Valor Domination Defend Strategy Empty Re: MAG Valor Domination Defend Strategy

Post by needswall Sun May 02, 2010 11:14 pm

It would appear that the Dom maps don't fit on this website's chat forums...
    Brashin
    Brashin
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post by Brashin Tue May 04, 2010 6:39 am

We need to start some discussion around this. I haven't played Dom in about 2 months and even when I did play it was probably like a total of 10 times over a 5wk period so never got much practice in. Much like ACQ this will take some getting used too.
    aj_la1
    aj_la1
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by aj_la1 Thu May 13, 2010 8:59 pm

All right brasha I'm ur man on domination.
    Give me a week and ull have a couple strategies posted here.
    Brashin
    Brashin
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post by Brashin Tue May 18, 2010 5:45 am

Counting on you for this AJ, Thanks bud
    aj_la1
    aj_la1
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by aj_la1 Thu May 20, 2010 5:55 pm

DEFENDING FUNDAMENTALS IN DOMINATION

My philosophy in general is "make your life simple. Why complicated?" Well the same can be applied in domination. Let's look at the basics of domination. There's two main factors of domination; TIME and DAMAGE GAGE.

TIME
    Time in this game mode while defending will never be on your side. Let me explain.
    I believe in domination u only have 30 minutes to defend. Please correct me if I'm wrong?
    For example if the enemy is really good in domination while attacking. They could take the came early on in a matter of 15 minutes. That's an exaggerated case but possible. But for the defenders, no matter what, will have to defend for 30 minutes. So PAY ATTENTION ON YOUR TIME!
    Another example, if you get pushed back to the letters (A B, C D, E F, G H) and there's 20 minutes, better step it up! Because you have a higher chance of loosing.
    But what if we are spawning at are bunkers and the enemy has not unlocked are letters with 15 minutes to go. Feel confident your winning Domination! However, Time is not the only thing you need to pay attention. We also have keep track of the Damage Bar.

DAMAGE GAGE
    Damage gage appears on top of your middle tv screen. If the cage bar is filling from left to right. That's an indication that your loosing the game. Ones the gage bar reaches maximal damage, its game over for us. Note: if letters are unlock and turn solid red. Damage gage start to fill. We will explain how to prevent letters to be unlocked and prevent gage to fill later.

USE ALL RESORCES
    Its amazing how many resources you have on your disposal. Let's start from the top, begging with the oic and work are way down to squad leader.

OIC-DEFFENDING: Sensor jammer = who ever in are clan takes the role of an oic needs to deploy this perk immediately (matter of seconds after spawning at the start of the game. OIC fails to do so, enemy will deploy there sensor jammer and disable all of valors perks. (That's a rookie mistake)
    Tactical refresh = Very important perk, if platoon leader and squad leaders have used there artillery strike and bomb raids. This perk let them use it ones more when activated. Also if a platoon leader or squad leader is around his soldiers, their health s will go up automatically with out them using medic kits. (IOC call it out so we can know when we can benefit from this perk)
    Satalight sweep = see every enemy who doesn't have a sensor jammer
    Rapid re deployment = Which lowers defenders respawn time.

Platoon leader - DEFFENDING: Gas bombardment, name says it all.
    Sensor sweep = Its like the UAV of defenders.

Squad leader - DEFFENDING: Artillery strike (if oic leader activates tactical refresh squad leader can use it again immediately) also can heal soldiers that have low health with out using medical kits. (Squad leader if you hear tactical refresh stay close to you soldiers so they can benefit from it. But u must be close to them)

Who ever in are clan takes on these roles, know them well. I recommend when we have ops for domination that we have a OIC representing us, two platoon leaders (that's the max u can have for platoon leaders) as many squad leaders for each platoon that we have. Communication is key so leaders must have mics.

VEIHCLES
    The only vehicles we have at are disposal are the humvees that armed with torrents on top. Time and time again, playing with randoms I notice that no one uses humvees at the begging of the game. Maybe they forget that they even exist. But once they get pushed back to letters, they relies that there near them and they start to use the vehicles. That only takes five minutes, they get destroyed and we don't have vehicles. Let's not make that mistake. I recommend each squad to have there own personal vehicle. Squad leaders please send one soldier to go retrieve one. The are located near the letters. Be advised its a long walk.

BUNKER TURRENT
    Some one always needs to man the torrent at all times. Ones torrent is down we need to repair it quick and bring it back up.
    Now study your roles as leaders, know what are your perks and used them at the right moments. Every one needs to use everything we got at are enemies, doing so will make it difficult for the enemy to win domination.

Let's have a general look of the events of domination when defending. Please use the map above to better understand what I'm talking about. if I talk about E F, that's anything north from e and f on the map (top side of the map). A B I'm talking about anything south from a and b (bottom side of the map). H G everything east from h an g (Right side of the map, witch u can't see). C D anything west of c and d (Left of the map)

1) You will spawn by the bunkers, OIC quickly deploy sensor jammer. squad leaders spread ur soldiers out. Platoon and Squad leaders double check if u can use ur perks. We should have a couple of repair man and medics. Stay close to ur bunkers. Don't forget to bring some vehicles for support

The enemy needs to take burn off towers to advance forward. (Both burnoff towers need to turn red so the enemy can unlock cooling towers and advance. Note: their main concern is to take your bunkers out first so it can be easy for them to take burnoff towers. But don't be surprise if they try to take burnoff towers first.

Personal mines are ur best friend so plan some behind the bunker. Do not place them next to the burnoff tower. The enemy will just toss a grenade and blow them up. It will be a waste of personal mines. Better put them around the burnoff tower, get creative where you think enemy will eventually pass by and place a personal mine there.

If time is running down while defending and your still holding your burnoff tower and protecting your bunker (this key) feel confident that your winning the game on your side. A B, C D, E F are pretty easy to defend.

BUT! G and H watch out! This side is notorious to go down first, especially against sevr. So let's focus are attention on this side.( you can't see it in the map) There's four bunkers, you have a road that goes straight in the middle of these bunkers. This road leads to G and H. Now in front of the bunkers on the road, there's a road block. The enemy will want to take it out. First, my suggestion is screw the burnoff towers and protect the bunkers and your triple A (its located behind the bunkers next to the road). If alarm sound because burnoff towars are being taken, don't freak out stick to protecting bunkers and triple a.

to make sense of it, this how it goes down at G and H. Enemy pushes for burnoff towers and at the same time they go for the road block. Every one spreads out to take the oncoming waves of enemies. Enemy leaves apc at spawn point. Road block blows, apc hauls ass, through blown up road block. Passes through all bunkers and valor soldiers. Drives pass triple a. Apc parks behind the major wall dividing the letters from the triple a. Enemy spawn out and goes for triple a. They take out triple a. Choppers come in behind the bunkers. Now enemy pushes in from the east and the west sanwiching valor soldiers. They go for bunkers and take them out. Then they take burnoff towers. Burnoff towers go down and cooling towers unlocked.
    Remember apc park behind the wall. Well guess what, the cooling towers appear behind the wall near apc. More enemies re-spawn apc. They split and go for each cooling tower. They take them, bam! They unlock letters and start to take them. Damage bar fills up early in the game.... This is a matter of 10 minutes!

So how do we stop it. Send two repair man with rocket launchers to go get two humvees. The repair soldiers need to do this quickly. By the time they head back to the fight. The roadblock might be destroyed. If apc comes in, vehicles will head straight towards the apc either making there own personal road block with the humvees or chasing the apc to destroy it. Ones destroyed take one of the humvees and parked it in front of the destroyed road block. This will give you cover from snipers trying to pick you off. Ones road block is up leave the humvee out side. Then run to the inside humvee. The outside huvee will be destroyed by the enemies. But the inside humvee shoud be safe. So drive back to where u initialy got your two humvees. And hey look! Ur humvee is back.

Using this strategy is better because your using the humvees as obstacles for the apc. Now, the enemy has to work twice as hard. A simple 10 minute snatch and go, just be came 20 minute mission. Big difference! Guard your triple a.

2)COOLING TOWERS
    Basically deffend it. If both are taken

3)Final lesson : LETTERS!
    Ok let's say u did a semi ok job on defending but you get pushed back to Letters. Get your repair and medics loadouts ready.

AB- Nothing special. Defend at all cost

CD- love this place. Each letter is located on the 2nd level. When doors explode you can actually repair them on top of them, on the walkway above them. Just be careful, snipers can take you out near the windows, take proper cover. If letter is taken. Go to the entrance of the opposite letter and work your way to your letter.

E F- ok. This one I know by heart. Basically E and F are same level. You got two doors on each letter you have to repair. Note: E and F have the phantom walls (glitch where the enemy can go through a wall even when the door is up). Its located next to front doors on the left side. So watch out! The enemy takes advantage with this glitch.

Same thing if they take ur side. Go to the opposite letter and work your way to your letter. Take the stairs that leads you to a bridge. This bridge links E and F.

GH- this one is hard to defend. There are three entrances. One on the ground floor and a door on each letter that located on the 2nd floor. The control room has several windows.(Where the letters are located it at. Watch out! The enemy will shoot through the windows to take you out. If they take the letter, Use the windows to clean out any enemies. Ones done, you can walk in there and take back your letter.

Well that's basically it, lead the way members of valor.

Last edited by aj_la1 on Mon May 24, 2010 8:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Brashin
    Brashin
    Sergeant First Class
    Sergeant First Class

Post by Brashin Fri May 21, 2010 5:42 pm

Great run down AJ, I like what you have written up here. Good starting guide for those of us who do not play Dom on a regular basis. Im just curious why the Platoon leader on defend sux so bad with gas bombardment, I havent noticed them do much damage.

Key is holding the bunkers as long as possible, when I played Dom in the clan a long time ago I remember one time we held the bunkers the whole time (for our side) and denied them access. Got to stop the initial rush.
    aj_la1
    aj_la1
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by aj_la1 Fri May 21, 2010 5:53 pm

Finally finished.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:31 pm